Hi friend! I’m so happy you found me here.
Who this site is for
It’s for the parents who just have no clue where to start with things, or where to go next. It’s for those who just don’t know what they don’t know. It’s for parents who have questions like this:
How do we know which colleges are a good fit?
How are we going to pay for this?
What are the things my teen needs to do in high school to prepare?
I’m serious…really…where do I even START with this?
Let’s get you started on the right track, starting now.
1| First, subscribe to my email list & get your free checklist.
Do it. I promise to keep you on the right path here.
2| Join me over on my Facebook Group – the Mom Knows College Community!
Listen in and chat with other parents who are going through college planning with you.
Learn all about what you should be doing and when with your teenager, and ask questions yourself!
Looking forward to seeing you there…
50 random things about me
- I’ve got two amazing teenage girls – Madison’s our total cowgirl and loves horseback riding, and Emma’s our volleyball player.
- I have been married twice – both times to the same person. (No one knew we eloped that first time.) Love. Of. My. Life.
- My husband and I were married back in the 90s, so my bridesmaids wore dresses with sleeves that looked like they came from the Star Trek films. (Sorry again, gals.)
- I’m from Connecticut, Joe’s from Minnesota and we call Idaho home. (Potatoes, not corn.) We freaking love it here.
- I owned a tutoring company in the mid-2000s, and I now work as an educational director for a different (amazing!) tutoring company.
- As a former military family, we’ve moved 10 times. Lived in 5 states. Girls went to 5 schools.
- Everyone in my household’s a motorhead. Except me. But I can hang with them on most things. Or I watch and take photos.
- I take lots of photos. I never look at them.
- I drink my coffee with butter in it every morning, a la Bulletproof Coffee.
- I start building props and planning for our annual Halloween bash each June. We’re kinda serious about this holiday.
- I LOVE learning. I only read non-fiction stuff – mainly business, health and self-improvement genres.
- Except…I did read World War Z. Two times. I like to think of that as learning, though. Someone here needs to be ready in case of an apocalypse.
- I listen to podcasts on 2x speed so I can get through them faster and learn quicker. It sometimes gives me a headache.
- I don’t enjoy cooking. Especially in front of people.
- I have 4 mannequins: Annie, Manny, Tranny, and Alice. Alice hangs with me in my office.
- I’m a complete introvert and homebody. But I can totally hang with my outgoing family.
- I graduated with an education degree and was a 5th grade teacher for a millisecond. Not for me.
- I have synesthesia. I “see” words and numbers in color. I’d like to say it’s useful. It’s not, but it’s a cool party trick.*
- Most summer weekends are spent whitewater rafting and many winter weekends are spent snowmobiling.
- “Nice Matters” is my motto.
- I super, super want to own a Tesla. So my husband bought me a share of Tesla stock as a gift. <3
- I also super want a llama. And I want to hire a person to take care of the llama.
- I geek out about employee engagement and folks being happy at work. I’m the leader of the Culture Squad at the company I work for.
- I took flying lessons in college. I soloed a plane once, and then never did again. Mission accomplished.
- I’m freaked out by the water. And I’m uber-sensitive to having any get on me. Ick.
- To the delight of my family, though, I don’t mind taking showers.
- I have a love-hate relationship with meditation.
- I’m a perfectionist. I start a lot of things, but don’t tend to finish them….
*Here’s my alphabet: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z